Wednesday, July 22, 2015

HOME ALONE



Hot summer days are the worst! They addle my brain and leave me a little confused. Hot summer days are just great when you're playing with family and friends, I thought as I rushed up the stairs, and through the wide open door on the top floor. Home! Home sweet home, home cool home, home...WAIT! This wasn't home, screamed my brain, as the ball thudded on to the uncarpeted floor, while, mouth wide open, my panicked eyes searched for a single familiar object, a human, even a faintly recognized scent...there was none. I was all alone! All alone amidst unadorned walls, the harsh odour of paint thinner stinging my nostrils, the planks of wood strewn across the floor compelling me to watch my every step. A low moan escaped me as I frantically searched for my cozy bean bag, that was placed across the carpet, near the dining table, just for me. It was my spot, in my home, as I watched the birds flying, blue birds flying, freed from their cage. I'd lie there watching them for hours...WHERE WAS I?

Just as my low moan was about to turn into a mournful howl, I heard the sweetest voice in the world, and it came from the gorgeous girl next door. "ZEUS, you stupid mutt! Why have you gone charging into the neighbour's flat?" Hot summer days are the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment